Sunday, January 27, 2008

One Percenters

I thought it was really interesting from the readings about the one percenters who added content to a webpage, for example on Wikipedia. So many people access the website, that I thought more people would be added information. Millions of people look up information and access websites. There are a lot of knowledgeable people that could add content to a webpage, like the hundreds of teachers and professionals that are in America alone. Although, people are so busy that they might not have the time to add any information.

The one percenters seem so happy to add information for others to learn from. This was apparent to me because they don't get paid for adding the content. Also, when asked to be paid they declined. Without the loyal one percenters wikis wouldn't be able to exist.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree that the "one percenters" are providing a valuable service to people. I guess all the rest are just too busy or just do not care to contribute. I do not understand why these people would refuse to be paid for their service. I would take the money for sure.