Sunday, February 24, 2008

Rock Of Love

Brett Michaels, musician, has a show on VH1 called Rock of Love. It is a dating reality show where a group of girls compete in challenges to win group or solo dates with him. Ultimately, Brett will choose a girl he falls in love with. It is like other reality dating shows on MTV and other channels on TV. However, he show does have a unique characteristic to make it stand out.

Viewers blog about the live events happening to the girls! Not only are there corporate blogs, CEO blogs, but there are now reality TV show blogs. On Sunday night during the show the blog, titled "Rock of Love Blog Party Episode 6," there were already 330 comments just minutes after the show had ended.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I am surprised that more reality televsion shows aren't providing this because reality television is so popular right now. Especially to the generations that are into blogging and social media. Its also a good way for networks to see who is watching the show and if they are enjoying it.

Mikela said...

I totally agree with Kristi. The MTV networks (like VH1) are jumping on this live blooger bandwagon as a way to engage audience members and direct them to the website. I don't really see this happening for regular network tv, mainly because I can't envision a housewife blogging about McDreamy's hair following an ep of Grey's Anatomy, but maybe thats just me.

On a side note- I love Rock of Love. It's like watching a trainwreck. One that is fueled with booze and silicone of course.

Anonymous said...

I wish I couldn't envision a housewife blogging about McDreamy's hair. Yet I've seen it.
When it comes to the TV networks' blogs, I have to wonder if they wouldn't get better information about their audience from non-network blogs. It would seem like an audience that feels so involved with a show that they are compelled to set up an independent forum to discuss it would be a better source of quality information.